![]() |
| (Points for presentation!) |
Okay, so the soup wasn't technically "homemade." It was Campbell's tomato soup, to which Ross added an alarming amount of black pepper, red pepper, and cumin. Whew.
But that's the type of day Ross was having: an experimental day. As yet another testament to our differences, I usually don't encourage experimental days. I begrudgingly took a sip of his soup, told him it was terrible*, and cackled down the hallway to change my clothes. Lunch was eaten and naptime commenced.
I work a crazy half-overnight schedule, so on Saturdays when Ross is home, I usually nap with the kids. Today Henry and I took a blockbuster 4 hour nap together, which was absolutely glorious. When we finally woke up, I smelled... something... delicious? Definitely something baking. But what? And how?! Had I been baking in my sleep? Sleep-baking! Now there's a dangerous and delicious idea.
We stumbled into the living room to investigate, where I found Ross innocently watching a football game, Silas and Eleanor playing quietly afoot. Hmm. Suspicious. I continued into the kitchen (which was still completely clean, by the way, AND the dishwasher was running) where I found...
...a plate of warm cookies. WHAT is going on here?! Am I still asleep!?
I looked back at Ross for explanation. He coolly informed me that he tried the All Recipes iPad app just for fun, nbd. Flashing back to his spicy tomato soup experiment, I eyed the cookies apprehensively. They looked delicious. But this came from the man who, earlier this week, had a hankering for brownies, and when I denied him on grounds that we were out of unsweetened cocoa powder, he suggested I "just use some Ovaltine or something." His cavalier attitude in the kitchen cannot be trusted.
Before taking a bite, I insisted he show me which recipe he followed. It seemed legit. So, yet again boldly ignoring my cinnamon allergy, I performed the official taste test. Let me tell you... they were AMAZING. Soft and fluffy and perfect. I ate three of them while I made dinner, I couldn't help myself. Maybe four**.
Of course, now I'm learning a valuable lesson about respecting my body's natural aversions, but even as my throat is swelling shut, I tell you this: those cookies were worth it. As much as it pains me (right now, literally) to encourage your reckless cooking endeavors, I must say: you done good this time, Ross. That'll do.
*It wasn't completely terrible, but Ross gets big LOLZ when I'm resistant and contrary.
**Okay, so I lost count - let's just call it "several."


No comments:
Post a Comment