Everyone knows that doctor's office scales add 25 pounds, and I almost never use our scale at home, so this is not very exact data... but I'll tell you what I know.
Ten days ago, when I was very ill, I got weighed at Patient First. (The number is not important. Ahem.) Today, after changing my diet for a week, my scale shows a significantly lower number. The difference is 11 pounds.
Our meatless week was a great success. I tried a lot of new things, I was never hungry, and I felt good about everything I ate. I'm continuing the experiment for another week. Standby for details!
Teach me your meatless ways. I have issues with protein. I can only ever eat a few bites before I have texture aversion and get grossed out.
ReplyDeleteI'm working on a post with specific recipes I've used this week, maybe you'll be interested in one or two of those. (Of course it's not a great time for you to be adventurous in the kitchen... I wish I could be there to cook for you!)
DeleteRegarding your protein aversion, is it the texture of meat, or the texture of other proteins like beans or soy or whatever?